About American Powertrain
American Powertrain exists to help muscle car owners equip their cars with modern drivetrain technology, offering overdrive transmission systems, hydraulic clutch kits and a wide range of drivetrain related parts from diff to block. Since American Powertrain opened for business we have quickly become the world’s largest TREMEC dealer. Our installation parts and systems are proudly made right here in America for unmatched quality. Our staff of highly experienced enthusiasts has years of experience helping car owners and builders make the right drivetrain choices. Contact Us Learn More
Get your shift together
Every project is different. From model and engine choice to driving style and rear end ratio every customer wants to make the best choices to make the car they are dreaming of a reality. Every American Powertrain ProFit™ transmission system is sold with your project goals in mind. From Corvette to ‘Cuda, Mustang to Monte Carlo and every muscle car, street rod, custom or classic truck in-between American Powertrain systems are engineered to help you get your shift together the right way for miles of smiles on the street, strip, road course or wherever your dreams take you. We know how important this is to you. That’s why we ask the right questions and then build you the best fitting, easiest to install and most comprehensively supported aftermarket powertrain solutions anywhere.
We are more than a transmission company, much more...
- QuickTime Scattershields
- SFI rated for hundreds of manual and automatic applications at the best prices anywhere.
- AP Aluminum Bellhousings
- Made in the USA to very exacting standards for GM, Ford and Mopar.
- Science Friction Clutches & Flywheels
- Our own exclusive line of top shelf performance parts for all 4, 5 and 6-speeds.
- HYDRAMAX Hydraulic Systems
- For 4-speed, 5-speed and 6-speed applications; the best selling hydraulic conversions in the industry.
- X-Factor Crossmembers
- High strength aluminum cross members for almost any manual or automatic transmission.
- Complete Engines
- From our wide range of trusted engine builders and crate programs.
- Axle Assemblies
- 12-bolt and Ford 9” assemblies hand built in NASCAR country for your GM or Ford complete and ready to bolt in.
Support after the sale
Many companies help you right up until they have your money, but American Powertrain is there for you 24/7 if you need help after the sale with our unique Customer First™ 24-hour tech line, 2-year warranty on almost everything, great installation instructions and a complete library of online videos to help along the way. If you have a wrench in your hand we are here to help; nights, weekends and even on holidays. We feature the TREMEC T5 and TKO in our 5-speed systems and the TREMEC Magnum in our 6-speed kits. Many of these transmissions are modified by American Powertrain to fit your specific make and model with little or no modification to your car. We also offer Xtreme power and rpm upgrades on each of these transmissions with power ratings up to 1100ft-lbs. Xtreme upgraded transmissions are available as bare units or as part of our comprehensive ProFit™ Kits with every component you need to convert from manual or automatic to a modern overdrive transmission.