American Powertrain Pro-Fit Featuring then new TREMEC TKX kit for First Gen Nova/Chevy II X-body for factory 4-speed cars
- 30-50% increase in fuel economy
- Low RPM cruising for greatly reduced driver fatigue and an improved highway driving experience.
- Reduced engine wear leading to longer engine life
- Cooler engine operating temperatures
- Reduced NVH (noise – vibration – harshness)
TKX Gear Ratios
Wide Ratio – 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, 0.72
Close Ratio – 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, 0.68 OR 0.81 5th
This kit uses your stock 4-speed bellhousing.
Note: You need to will select a clutch plate to match the splines for the TREMEC. You can reuse you stock flywheel and pressure plate. Or call us to help you select a complete clutch package.
NEW Tremec TKX 5-speed with streamlined case and 8000 rpm shift capability. Some tunnel mods are still required for Chevy II.
AP Revolution Shifter Mechanism – Original 4-speed shift position
Seamless DOM Driveshaft Assembly – Race Balanced, Solid U-Joints
Driveshaft Slip Yoke – Cryogenically hardened steel
X-Factor Cross Member
Transmission Mount – Polyurethane
Pilot Bearing – Stainless rollers, grease pre-pak
Reverse Light Harness – Weatherseal
Speedometer Conversion – Mechanical or Electronic
Hardware, Instructions, Warranty
- Hydramax Hydraulic Clutch
- Bell housing