The All New TREMEC TKX 5-Speed!
TCET17722 GM 26-Spline .81 5th Gear
Tremec TCET17722 TKX 5-speed manual transmission for GM applications.
- Bolts up to a standard GM Muncie bellhousing or use a Quicktime bellhousing.
- Input Shaft: 26-Spline (requires 26-spline clutch disk)
- Output Shaft: 31 Spline
- Gear Ratios: 1st 2.87, 2nd 1.89, 3rd 1.28, 4th 1.00, 5th .81
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations.
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety
American Powertrain can also provide a mid-shift conversion, as well as our White Lightning shifter. The White Lightning Shifter features over 60 additional shifter locations to help get the new TKX set up for your muscle car, truck or custom project. American Powertrain also produces highly customized direct fit versions of the TKX for Classic Corvettes and Mopars. The TKX is covered by a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty which American Powertrain backs up with their own two year warranty