TKX Gear Ratios
Wide Ratio – 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, 0.72
Close Ratio – 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, 0.68 OR 0.81 5th
Tremec ALL NEW TKX 5-speed manual transmission for Ford applications.
- Rated for up to 600 lb-ft of torque
- Streamlined Case for no cut fit.
- 8000rpm shifting
- Just 99lbs (dry)
- Bolts up to a standard Ford four speed bellhousing or use a Quicktime Bell housing
- Input Shaft: 26 Spline
- Output Shaft: 31 Spline
- Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pick-ups for extreme versatility
- Recommended for street use and low rpm highway cruising
- Comes with American Powertrain’s industry leading 2 year warranty
The Tremec TKX series of 5-speed transmissions are a great way to add an overdrive transmission to your project. Designed and built as a direct replacement for the Ford and GM factory 4-speeds, this line of 5-speeds will likely fit your original bell housing, and in most cases utilize the factory flywheel, pressure plate, and mechanical clutch linkage if they are all in good condition. Some conversions will only require a new 26 spline clutch disc, slip yoke/shortened driveshaft, and cross member relocation. American Powertrain has a variety of shifter stub relocation kits available to allow you to retain your factory 4-speed console or shift lever location. The TKX series has 3 different shift locations available and is also equipped with the ability to give you a mechanical or electronic speedometer output, built-in neutral safety and reverse light switches. There are multiple gear set options to accommodate a wide range of rear gear ratios and tire sizes, as well as, a stout 600ft/lb. constant torque rating to put your power to the ground. Its compact size also allows it to fit most cars without transmission tunnel modifications. American Powertrain can also do case streamlining for applications that have small tunnels. Transmission strength upgrades are also available with our Extreme upgrade. If you have any questions please give us a call before you buy. 931-646-4836.
- Revolution Shifter Mechanism
- Seamless DOM Drive shaft w/solid U-joints
- Polyurethane transmission mount
- Pilot bearing
- reverse light harness
- speedometer conversion
- shifter knob
- hardware instructions and Warranty