The New TREMEC TKX is the new 5-speed in town. TREMEC has normally sourced their aftermarket transmissions from the OE side, such as the Magnum T-56 and the T-5. This brand new design is made from the ground up as a strictly aftermarket transmission. Designed to fit classic muscle cars and customs, the TKX has a tighter, more streamlined case.
TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission Features and Benefits
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations (See chart below).
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels. All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations. Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns.
American Powertrain can also provide a mid-shift conversion, as well as a White Lightning shifter. The White Lightning Shifter features over 60 additional shifter locations to help get the new TKX set up for your muscle car, truck or custom project. American Powertrain will also have a direct fit version for Classic Corvettes and Mopars, which feature a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty backed up even further with American Powertrain’s two year warranty. Check out the images below and the new TKX Gear Ratio Chart….
Check out the rendering from Tremec showing the size differences in the TKX, TKO and T-5. TKX is in green.
We are taking orders for the TKX now. They will be shipping from TREMEC around Nov. 30th. Call us at 931-646-4836 to get your order in line. Click here for more.
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET18085 Ford 26-Spline .72 5th Gear$2,895.00
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET17805 GM 26-Spline .68 5th Gear$2,895.00
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET17765 Ford 26-Spline .68 5th Gear$2,895.00
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET18084 Ford 26-Spline .81 5th Gear$2,895.00
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET17722 GM 26-Spline .81 5th Gear$2,895.00
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET18083 GM 26-Spline .72 5th Gear$2,895.00
TREMEC TKX 5-Speed TCET18086 Ford 10-Spline .72 5th Gear$2,895.00
Corvette C1 C2 and C3 version coming soon!